Thursday, January 17, 2008

Penguins






This is what I've come up with for our unit study on penguins. Its a very simplified plan that will probably take a week if you do two to four activities a day. I opted to go with a smaller version because when I do two to three weeks of study on one thing my kids eventually say " Can we be done with (fill in the blank)". This makes it more stressful for me and them so simpler is better. Of course the more fun they have with it the better they absorb the information.


Books:
365 Penguins
Antartic Antics
Magic School Bus :Penguin Puzzle
Penguins (by kids books)


Vocab/spelling
Diving
Tobogganing
Porpoising
Swimming
Waddling
Krill
fish
Squid
Orca
Leapord Seal
Skua Gull
Rookery
egg
Nest
Incubate
Brood pouch
Chick
Creche
Fledgling
Molting
Regurgitaion



I was able to put together a lapbook at my kids level (4th and 5th grade).
the first lapbook is for early elementary level and the second is at a higher elementary level, in my opinion.



































No comments: