Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Neglect

It seems as if my blog has taken a huge hit the past year. I have not really neglected keeping it updated. I apologize. I almost was tempted to ditch the whole thing but I really do like it plus it can let my family back home know what we are up to. So I am going to be making sure to post at least weekly(cross your fingers).

Christmas came and went as did the new year. Do you call it twenty-ten or two thousand and ten? Dh's Uncle passed away in January. He had cancer of the esophagus. We all knew it was coming but it was still hard. Then to top it off his dad went into ICU a week ago. It seems we are not off to a good start for the year.We seem to have found a church home but haven't made it official with the church. It is definitely not what we are used to but it is a good little church with many wonderful hearts and great christian role models. The boys have enjoyed ice skating with them and a "lock down" on New Years Eve. Austin and Colin just signed up to go skiing in February at Seven Devils in North Carolina. I hope they cooperate when I ask for a couple of nice pic's together.

I am unsure if I have mentioned this but I am originally from Germany. Thus why my blog name is in German. Anyway I am still a permanent resident and I have come to the decision before my green card expires (every ten years)I am going to take the citizenship test. I have lived in this country much longer and really don't anticipate me moving to Germany. I hope you will enjoy the posts that will involve this as I am involving our hs of course. It should prove to be quite entertaining. I have also been doing a bit of cleaning and painting. We got an old wardrobe that was dirty and stinky. A good cleaning and a shiny new coat of paint and I can't wait to show you all the pic's. We are continuing to clean up in the yard and reclaiming it. The boys have been cutting down alot of undergrowth and trees. I love trees but really we had way too many. We also seem to continue to have drainage issues. It has been raining almost non stop. It doesn't even seem to stop long enough for the water to absorb into the ground. We get anywhere from 4-8 inches. I have a rain gage outside. After it rains we cannot use either the sliding door from the living room or the back door from the laundry room. Unless of course we want to hit the "pond" as we have "lovingly" termed the pool of water that insists on collecting in our backyard. Check out these.
.
This is at the bottom of the living room stairs. This pot just floated from somewhere and the wheelbarrow the boys used to haul wood to this door for the fireplace.

This is sort of a weird angle from the living room door looking towards the laundry room door. I don't know why the litterbox was there as I had it moved to the barn.

I sure hope your guys' new year is turning out to be a good one. I have missed all of you so much so I can't wait to see ya'll back here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://tonoviergates.net/][img]http://sopriventontes.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]free nero 9 premium, [url=http://sopriventontes.net/]cheap microsoft office software[/url]
[url=http://tonoviergates.net/]jeff nero hardy[/url] microsoft office military discount how do i burn a dvd from nero 9
cites software store [url=http://tonoviergates.net/]buy photoshop express[/url] free nero 9
[url=http://tonoviergates.net/]the adobe photoshop cs3 book for digital photographer[/url] educational software price
[url=http://tonoviergates.net/]windows vista ultimate upgrade[/url] microsoft finance software
buy ms software [url=http://tonoviergates.net/]nero 7 essentials[/url][/b]

Amy said...

Hi Vanessa!
So good to hear from you on your blog! I can't wait to see more pictures of your new place. How is school going? Are you teaching or is your hubby? I heard a bookstore might be in the works. Let me know, because I love book stores. Seriously love them!

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can reveal that I agree with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is still a suspect as you did in the fall publication of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=file boss 1.7.0 ?
I noticed the axiom you procure not used. Or you partake of the dark methods of helping of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

killstead said...

Please don't stop blogging. Some of us read your blog. This is my first time visiting and I really enjoyed reading your entries.