Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Zoo grows


I love my husband I really do but sometimes I just wonder why he does the stuff he does, know what I mean? About a month ago I took Austin to the Rock show in Denver where he convinced me that we needed a 6 week old kitten. I love cats, I'm a cat person what can I say. It wasn't all that hard. I tried to hold off but the cat was so cute and I have been having alot of stress lately so I caved. (smacks self on forehead).

This is Tigger. His eyes are now brownish green. I'll see if I can get a picture.

Could you say no to this face?



My dh has a mystery ailment that we think we have figured out. Unfortunately it's not looking like we will be able to cure him. We think he has Buerger's Disease. It's directly linked to smoking lots of smoking and it's quite yucky. It's not very prevalent these days but essentially those who quit smoking will be mostly symptom free in 1 1/2 -2 yrs. But if you don't quit the chances of you needing amputation are about 80%. Patients, my dh included, get these ulcers on their digits. This is accompanied by extreme pain and there ain't a thing the doctors can do at least that they have found. So most nights he doesn't sleep and some nights I don't either. He can't get comfortable, he can't sit still. He gets up and walks around. Then tries to lay down again. We even got a recliner because he was more comfortable sitting up. This lets him sleep an extra hour or two a night.

Tigger becomes a pocket pet. All the while doing a great job of distracting my hubbs.



So here I have this kitten and the greatest thing happened. At night the kitten wanted to play. I was tired and wanted to sleep but hubbs can't sleep and the kitten biting and whatnot with him for an hour takes his mind off of the intense burning, itching and pain. I couldn't tell you how I was happy I had brought this cat home. Anything that helps at this point is making my life much nicer. Here I had thought "just what I need, something else to take care of and I am adding another bill to my modest budget". After one night my thinking was thank you so much for letting me come upon this little creature that is helping my hubs.



A couple of weeks passes and what does my hubs do? Hmmm? Apparently my stress is showing in not so nice emotional ways so he gets me a puppy. UMMmm hello do you not see my plate is overflowing here? Maybe I should have gotten a platter, that would have worked much better. In his defense and since I am such a cat person this is really the only type of dog I have ever said I would really want. But I meant when we were old and grey and our kids out the house not now. So I have two new babies in my home that do an awesome job of distracting my hubby from his various ailments. For this I am grateful. I am going to share pictures of our new additions. Oh and for those who are wondering my puppy is a "Dappled Dachshund" and he has stolen my heart.

And this my friends is Snoopy. I liked Harley but he answered to Snoopy so Snoopy it is. Isn't he a doll.

Tigger and Snoopy are becoming best friends.

Vanessa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, so freaking cute I can't stand it!

Vanessa said...

Sickening isn't it.
:)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you got a puppy too! Are you crazy? ;) We have a puppy (8 months old) and I have been so surprised at how much work she is. We love her though, and that is what matters.

So sorry about the news of your hubby's ailment, although I am glad that he can ward off sickness by quitting smoking. Is he planning on doing this? My hubs had struggled with tobacco and I know it is a hard habit to kick. I will be praying for you and for him!

BTW---I have a friend who is a midwife/herbalist and she is having monthly classes starting on Thursday. It is about keeping healthy and dealing with common sicknesses. Do you want to go with me? It costs $39. It should be interesting and fun!

KristenWDW said...

I hope your hubby quits smoking and heals quickly.

I hope all works out well with all of your pets too. They are cute though.

Momisodes said...

So sorry to hear about your hubby. I hope he finds relief soon.

Your puppies are adorable! They look so sweet together :)

Vanessa said...

Randi I would love to do that. Let me check my meager budget and calendar first. I must plan these things. But I have actually been looking for herbal remedies to help him with some of the stuff that he is suffering from.
Vanessa

Vanessa said...

Kristen,
Hubs quit smoking a year ago. Ahem so he said but upon further investigation aparently he has had a couple here and there. Once the doctor told him that his chances of amputation are at 80% if he keeps smoking and being around smoke he stopped all together. Now his chances are down to about 30%.
Thank you for stopping by.
Vanessa

Vanessa said...

mommiesodes,
Thanks for stopping by. I hope and pray he does too. According to my research if he continues to be smoke free he will stop having the ulcers which is what is causing him all that pain. That's great news, unfortunatley it says it amy take up to 2 yrs for them to go away once he quit smoking. Ick. But at least it should go away.

Yes the puppy and kitten are just adorable. They are such good friends too. It puts a smile on my hubs and my face to see them and that is worth all the work of having two babies in the house.
Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Awwww, sooo cute! The good thing about pets is they really do relax you when you are petting them. You don't think a lot when you are loving on an animal.

I'm so sorry to hear of your hubby, Vanessa. I'm glad they think they found the cause which gives you something to research and try and understand. You are in my thoughts and now I see why you "need" to do the girly coffee thing soon. :)

Damama T said...

Your poor hubby! I had poison ivy on the bottoms of my feet a few weeks ago and the part between my toes still itches and blisters for no apparent reason. It wakes me up in the middle of the night. I can't imagine how much worse it would be if it were more widespread! Isn't it amazing how God even puts critters in our lives when we need 'em!

I'll be praying for health (and sanity!) for all of you.