Monday, October 19, 2009

Connections Academy

OH what can I say that would be nice?? Well they sent us the curriculum in record time. They have been very friendly and their teachers are too. But the website is not user friendly. Sometimes the boys have a hard time getting videos or assignments to pop up. And it's not my pop up blocker I assure you. This leads to the discussion my husband and I had about just purchasing a curriculum. I know he doesn't feel comfortable to put it all together by himself so to rely on a ready made one would be the best way for homeschool to work in our home this year. I know it is very late in the year to be talking about getting a curriculum but I have tried to stick with Connections Academy only to find myself aggravated at their site every time I go there. In the meantime I will try and quickly find all the things the boys will need and the boys will have to endure Connections Academy for the time being. That being said I think we are in for a bumpy ride but we will make it through.

When I have the stuff together I will post the boy's curriculum and a schedule of sorts that will enable them to finish the year "on time".

4 comments:

Carrie Jean said...

Hi Vanessa,
Have you contacted Technical Support. with the issues that you are having about the videos or assignments popping up? This year I had problems with the settings that were on my daughters computer and they helped walk us through to get it fixed. All of the windows would open fine on my computer, but not on my daughters.

Happy to help anyway I can :)

Carrie Jean Ross
Learning Coach of 2 in Idaho
& Parent Support Manager ~ Connections Academy

Mrs Darling of Blueberry House said...

Well I havent heard of one person in real life or on the homeschool boards who is happy with connections. Get a curriculum and just do it. Much simpler.

Vanessa said...

Carrie Jean,
Thanks for the advice. We are working on it.

Vanessa

Vanessa said...

Mrs. D.
How you hit the nail on the head. My only concern is the amount of time we have already wasted. I will keep posting about this issue and the solution......

Vanessa