Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mist

I must share this wonderful thing that happens in the morning. Most mornings I have gotten up to a mist covering the field behind the house. It is very magical. It also makes morning walks with the puppies a bit hard because they get wet and then cold. Speaking of the puppies they are doing really well with our training them to follow us around. We are still working on potty training though.

The boys have caught two raccoons within days of each other. The last one was in a trap in the back fields. It looked so scared and innocent I felt so awful when my boys were talking about killing it. I know people around here like hunting and all but I don't think I will ever like it. I like my meat in packages thank you very much. Apparently these creature , like the armadillo's, are a nuisance to the farm. I have heard bad stories about raccoons and chickens. Oh speaking of chickens our chickens are starting to lay eggs. We got our first egg yesterday morning. I was so overjoyed as we have had them over a month and were wondering if we were doing something wrong. I am still looking for a good movable pen for the chickens so I can get them to clean up some of the yard.

Chris went back home(Colorado springs) to get his truck. I miss him terribly and am very worried as the weather there has been in the 30's and was supposed to be getting much worse today. This prompted him to leave early, so he wants to get out of there sometime this morning. Yeah. I had him bring the camera because as crazy as it sounds I wanted some pic's of home. For some reason I never took pictures of the town we lived in for so long and the town I think of as home. I can't wait to see what he got. With him gone today will be especially crazy. Conner has a game at 10:30. Them Austin and Colin have pictures at 12:30 and their game at 1:30. I still need to make a couple of dishes for Sunday dinner with the extended family. I am trying to decide between goulash and schnitzel. Colin wants a green bean casserole. I also want to make a desert.



Our work with connections academy is keeping me on my toes. It is just not a user friendly site. They need major work in that area. Unfortunately our Internet connection is also part of that problem. Hughes Net is not what it says it is . It is very slow and truly not much faster then dial up. We keep getting timed out and alot of things don't show up that the boys need to read in order to do the assignments and it is causing alot of frustration. I have some ideas about how to fix this problem. I will share them at a later date if it comes to fruition. On this note if you have a great christian curriculum that you love tell me about it please.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Vanessa! So good to hear a bit how you are doing! I miss seeing you around. SO what else is going on? Are you working? Pictures of your house and land would be good.

We are getting over the crud here. Nathan misses your boys at Awana and CBS. We are going through another "Moving stinks" time here. Just missing home. How are you doing? How are the boys liking it?

Keep blogging so we can know how you are all doing!
Amy

Mrs Darling of Blueberry House said...

wow its been a while since Ive been here. I miss you. Ive heard connections is a heavy load. On my homeschool yahoo group there is nothing but complaints about it. '

I LOVE Bob Jones curriculum. If you'd like you can go to my homeschool blog and click on the kids curriculum on the side bar for some ideas.

Mrs Darling said...

oops I left a bad url on my name there. Try clicking on my name on this comment to get to my homeschool blog.

Vanessa said...

Amy,
Thanks for starting my day with a smile. I too miss seeing you at CBS and Awana. I feel like we could have been really great friends if we had stayed. Especially since our boys got along so well. I will post answers to your questions on my next post.
See you at your blog.
Vanessa

Vanessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vanessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.