Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Low Country Tour

I know I have been promising those pic's of where we now live forever. Well here are a few shots around the house. Please remember that no one has live here since 89', which means no one has done anything around here other then nature reclaiming. That is 20 yrs that no one has weeded, raked leaves, mowed the yard, trimmed trees etc.... My FIL came here at least every other year if not every to do maintenance on the buildings. The house burned down several years ago, I will find a picture of it for you guys if you promise not to laugh, I'm all of 17 in those pictures LOL. Watch for it in a future post.

Here is our Barn. As you can see the stairs are gone and there are some temporary steps which we are going to fix sometime. The field on the left of this building is our possible Garden site.
This is where we house wood and all the animal feed. Not sure what the building was used for but it is in the best condition out of all of them.
Our driveway. It needs desprate leveling and some general cleanup. On the very far left is the grapevine growing by the "garage".
The kitchen clean. I had to take a picture so I would remember what that looks like, lol. Kidding. I could put some chairs around the island. I am considering this for more seating.
Here is a a view from an angle at the front of the house. See the bare landscape, not to mention the years of growth we need to clean up.



Here are some bricks I got from the piles in our backyard. These used to make up all three chimney's on the old house



Our fine chickens produced these, aren't they wonderful.



Our pig. We just put fencing around this pen. The pig is having a blast rooting the place out.



This is the backyard coming from the front yard. There are two huge piles where we had them put as much of the wood in one and as much of the brick in the other. All that was left of the old house that burned down several years ago.

This is our "garage", it works even if that was not it's original intent. There is a grapevine next to the building that has been so overgrown I'm afraid of killing it if I try to cut it back.


My wonderful chickens in their pen. This pen needs work but the chickens are safe so it will do. I let the chickens free range as much as possible as this makes for happy birds. They thank me with almost enough eggs for all of us. I have never had a fresher egg.


That is our tour for the day. I am off to do some yard work and to work on my Thanksgiving menu and grocery list. I will try to write later. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

mrs darling said...

Love your old farm. But my, I grow weary at all the work I know is ahead of you guys. At least you have 3 big boys to help out!

Damama T said...

How PERFECTLY WONDERFUL! I have always yearned to live on a farm where I could have critters like They did at several of the places I lived as a kid. And you are right -- Once you've had fresh eggs the store-bought kind just don't cut it anymore!