Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A switch and project

Well things have been a bit stressful around here and hubs is just about fed up. Actually let me take that back, hubs is fed up. He is in process of switching the boys to K-12. Yup you read right we are going back to K-12. We know the system and how it works. The teachers have always been so accomadating. Anyway it will be so much easier for him to work with and I still get my boys in hs. Dh wants to send Austin to ps in the second semester. Austin has been expressive about his dislike of hs the entire time. To be honest he has worn me out but that is no excuse to put him in that enviorment. I think that by giving in and giving him that type of influence that he will just get worse. I will pray, as a matter of fact I need to do that here in a few.

Chris and I came out of the ps system. We came out alright but we sure had that time that the influence of our peers made our pre-teen through teenage years quite rough on our parents not to speak of our values. I also don't like the skewed representation of History and Science due to taking God out of our schools. I do not suggest I want to keep them in a bubble but I want to equip them with the neccesary skills so that when they do come upon a time they should need such skills that they will be there.

I will keep you guys posted

2 comments:

Damama T said...

Sounds like you are having a rough time of it. I'll be praying for your kids education and your sanity. ;o)

I'm back, by the way. Come by and check out my new posts when you get time. xoxoxo

mrs darling said...

What was he fed up about? What were you doing that wasnt working. I love to hear the ins and outs of these kind of posts. LOL Have you read my homeschool blog, Blueberry House? The link is at the top of my other blog. And that diet blog? Ugh. Ive gained ten pounds this year. I havent given up though. Im still hoping for a loss at years end even if its one pound! At least then i can say that I didnt waste the year! Ahem! LOL