Friday, June 27, 2008

The 1st step is admitting you have a problem

Okay, okay I admit it. I am addicted. It's horrible. I can't help it. I know it and yet I can't seem to control myself. My name is Vanessa and I am a Photoholic. (head hanging in shame) yes, I took just shy of 400, ahem, 550 pictures on my two week vacation and I'm looking at my camera ready for more. lol.
Really though, that is alot of pictures and on the days my dh got the camera there was alot less snapping. The deal is that I had yrs of bad pictures when my boys were smaller and I think I am trying to make up for it. I figure I take at least two pictures of the same thing and if one doesn't turn out than I still have a back up copy. Seems reasonalbe right? Except then I get them all home and I love them all with very few exceptions.
So it would seem that I need two albums to cover one vacation. How crazy is that?? No I will definetly have to pare them down so i can fit them into one album. I think one album is sufficient for one vacation. Don't you?
Yes we went to many places and had plenty of photo opportunities but going through that many pictures has been a bit overwhelming. I love them all and have plenty of ideas surging through me ready to takle the huge task before me. I just hope my surge doesn't fall short of at least 80% complete.
How many pictures do you take when you are out an about, on vacation or at a special event? I tend to take on average of 70 pictures. My love of scrapbooking has geared me to look at pictures in a very different light then I used to. I look at thing and picture how I would do a layout and a title all right there in that snap of the photo. Then silly me I take months to get to those picture by which point I am struggling to figure out a title. Although I do have to admit that thinking about the layout has helped immensly since I find that fairly easy. I always keep in mind the odd number of photo's looks more pleasing on a page and that you want some standing and some sideways (the picture at different angles).
What are some of your addictions?? Go on you know of at least one, fess up.

Vanessa

4 comments:

Amazing_Grace said...

I'm sorry to say that I don't take hardly and pictures during vacation. We just came back from Florida and I didn't take ANY! I used to do scrapbooking, but stopped because we never looked at them. I now have a digital camera and I can put my photos on the computer, but I find that I don't even do that any more because we never look at them. :(

My addictions? I LOVE to make games that focus on religious subjects. I'm so addicted to it that it isn't funny. Since September I've made 90 games and most of them are file folder games. I think I need to go to some 12 step program to stop. :)

Kathy_in_Colorado said...

I love taking photos from all angles. I look at magazines and commercials for inspiration and ideas. I love collecting cookbooks and trying a few recipes from each. I will use each cook book several times a year. I love to walk and look for photo ops in nature. I am addicted to meeting people and making new friends. Every one must know me. ;)

Oh, and I love reading your witty blog. You make me smile - you enjoy yourself and your children.

Amazing_Grace said...

I have that info on how to make file folder games for ya. I tried to find your addy in Kathy's Yahoo group, but I had no luck. Please email me privately through Kathy's group and I'll send ya the stuff. I can't wait to see the file folder games that you make!!!! :)

Mrs. Darling said...

I love photos too but I dont scrapbook. I have to find time to organize my photos in picasa some day. Thers over 5000 of them and its intimidating!