Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A tip for a few tip's

Here is my tip to you. Hands of a Child, now Currclick, has great freebies. This one is a notebook on the "Declaration of Independence." I tried to put a link to it on my Homeschool links, check sidebar. It didn't seem to work??? I will have to see what I can do about that but at any rate you should definitely check it out. I am saving this one to do with my kids when school is back in session.

On the home front I have been trying to organize, clean up, clean out everything. I have never been overly organized but it is starting to drive me nuts. I remember when I organized my photo's , this was when creative memories came out with their massive organizing photo box. It was tedious and took some time but when all was said and done I can to this day find pictures I'm looking for. That is a great feeling. So this needs to spill over into other parts of my life, mainly my house. I can't stand buying something only to find I already have it. I am tired of hanging on to those gifts from relatives, for fear of hurting their feelings by getting rid of it. Most importantly I am tired of not finding stuff I'm looking for or not having a home for the stuff I do have making "putting it away" a stressful venture. How crazy is that. I'll tell ya, it is without a doubt absolutely nuts. So I have started going through our stuff and have managed to get rid of quite a few things. This isn't spring cleaning, it's life cleaning. Of course finding a place for everything is turning out to be more problematic. I will put stuff away and a week later look at the space and think -how can I use this space better? Then I beat myself up for a week trying to figure out the best things to put where. Of course this leads to if I just have this my life will be organized manner of thinking. Like I would love to have a big entertainment unit to put all those movies away, not to mention some books, some cute knickknacks and photo albums. Most of these things have a home already but I think I could use the space better. By getting an entertainment unit I think all that will go there and then I will have this other space to put xyz. Really?? I think not. I think I have too much stuff and I need to make do with what I have and see if I can make it work. I don't want to be one of those people that does the If only I have this or wear this my life will be perfect. Huh, yeah right. Real life doesn't work that way. If anything I will only keep doing that and thinking that exponentially and then what? No I need to do this and work with what I have (although can I still have the entertainment unit?I'm awful I know believe me I knoooow) .

I have tried the Flylady. I got stuck on the wearing shoes bit. I do not allow shoes in my house. Of course not everyone listens to me . I tried and one of my son's saw this and said something like "mom your not supposed to wear shoes in the house". So I was caught -Do what I say not what I do. I could try again and skip that part. hmmmm.

So if anyone has any tips on getting your house organized once and for all, please let me know.


Oh one more thing. I desperately need some help with pie crust. I can make it but I can't make it pretty. You know the edge of it, I have tried and have not come up with desirable results. Is it just practice?? What is the secret to a pretty pie crust? I made apple pie last night and I will share the pictures with you if you promise not to laugh. It's quite horrid. So since I'm asking for tips on stuff if you want to pass on your genius on beautiful pie crust please let me know.


Vanessa

2 comments:

Kathy_in_Colorado said...

I have to say, I prefer crust that is not pretty, I love those pies like yours that look bulky and homemade. They so yell "homemade" which makes them look yummier to me. However, if you'd like - I'll try and help you on it when I'm over for the holidays and we're busy baking our hearts out. But in the meantime, Conner is your little chef, let him practice and show you how. He would love saying, he taught mom how to make a pretty pie crust. ;)

Anonymous said...

Well written article.