Monday, July 21, 2008

Lesson Planning

Do you really need teacher training in order to plan and excecute a good lesson plan?? I wonder because I seem to have issues planning lessons in that format. I can make one heck of a good to do list of what I want to cover for a certain subject or as I love to do Unit. So where does that leave my planning it for my homeschool tracker? I love the homeschool tracker I do, but the lesson plan section on it is somewhat dubious. ok I admit very dubious. Why does it always seem like I am missing something?

So if you have homeschool tracker plus (basic version does not have the lesson planner part)how do you plan those lessons. I am trying to get all my great ideas into lessons that I can translate out over the coming school year.
It has been my experience not to get to detailed on these because I have spent hours planning and looking up great books and stuff only to find my library doesn't have said book. They do have ones on the subject so I get those and supplement. Now I don't want to write those down I would just like to see what my library has on the subject.

Vanessa

4 comments:

Liese4 said...

No you don't have to have teacher training! I used to spend hours doing lesson plans (on mostly unit studies) for my 2 kids, now I have 4.

I use K12 and it's all done for me. They can look at each day or week and see what they need to be doing. I can see what is being covered and I can then spend time on doing unit studies/extra stuff to complement the lessons.

When I did my own there were gaps and stuff that didn't get done. Now I can better see if there are gaps to cover.

Vanessa said...

liese,
I did k-12 too, small world. I did like that aspect of it but it was just so much work my kids started to complain alot and I too got overwhelmed. Mostly I guess that means it doesn't fit into our family dinamic but it's okay because now we know what doesn't work for us.
Now the battle to find what does.
Vanessa

Vanessa said...

oh liese btw do you blog?? if so share the link to it, I cant seem to get there.
Vanessa

Kathy_in_Colorado said...

Liese blogs fabulous stuff, Vanessa. She is on my group from the Denver area and she and her kids were always involved in all the activities. She may have found you on my blog.

Here is her blog: http://highlandshomeschool.homeschooljournal.net/