Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Making Butter






We borrowed a book from the library on science experiments. We have done a few really neat ones, while my camera was on hiatus. First we made our own disappearing ink with lemon juice. Then we played around with different jars to see which piece of steel would rust first. And then we made butter and buttermilk.

We had some whipping cream. Put it in a jar and shake shake shake, shake shake shake, shake your booty times later we had butter and the by product buttermilk. No one has been brave enough to try it yet though, not even me.

So I was able to take pictures of this and thought I'd share. Please excuse my perpetually messy house.

1 comment:

Shari Ellen said...

We have done the butter making experiment before, but we haven't done any of the other ones you and your kids did. I'm wanting to do more experiments with the kids - maybe this summer.