Thursday, April 24, 2008

Messing with my template

I was getting a bit tired of my template and thought hey I'll change it.It worked and I like the new template but now my blogroll, on our coffee table and other stuff has disappeared. Ugh.
I didn't want to do that.
Even if I go back to the other way it will have already deleted the information and it will take time to do that. Now I need to figure out if I can keep my template and have the widgets (thingys) still.
Anyone willing to pipe in here and give me some advice would have my utmost gratitude.
Vanessa

3 comments:

Shari Ellen said...

Oh no. It's awful that you lost your sidebar stuff. I've heard of that happening and I'm scared to change my template, even though I want to. I asked my son about it and he said that when you put in the new template, it permanently changes the HTML code and that there is no recovery for what was in your sidebar. He told me that if I want to change my template that I should copy everything from my sidebar to a post since posts won't get erased.

Thanks for coming to visit my blog. I have started a new meme for homeschoolers that you may be interested in joining. It is called Homeschool Hi-lites and it happens on Monday. Here is the link to last Monday's
http://ellenfunlearning.blogspot.com/2008/04/homeschool-hi-lights-meme.html

There is also a Heart of the Matters meme on Friday for homeschoolers. Here is the link and it will be on the blog sometime after midnight.
http://heartofthematteronline.com/

I'd love to be added to your blogroll. Thanks.

Mrs. Darling said...

No advice. I always reenter mine by hand. I love the new template!!!

Vanessa said...

Ellen
thanks for stopping by.When I re-input my blogroll I will be sure to put you in.
Mrs. Darling
How do you understand it all? I love your blog so much its what inspired me to change the background on mine.
I'll figure it out and Ill get better.