Thursday, April 24, 2008

You won't believe what was in his foot

My little monkey boy/ daredevil jumped over the fence and landed on a stick. It went through his shoe and into his foot. He didn't cry, or complain. It looked like we got it all out but it was bleeding a bit so mabey we didn't see it all the way.
We called the doctor and took him in. She put him on antibiotics and told me to soak his foot in water and if I wanted Epson salt. She also said if on friday it was still hurting then to come Four days pass and his foot looks infected. Dh and I talked and we decided that he did indeed need to be taken back for the inevitable shot and lancing of his foot because whatever was in there wasn't coming out.
Colin would hear none of it. He said no. We poked and prodded a bit and it oozed out alot of "puss" (yuck). We got most of that out and cleaned it again. Dh could see something but it was really in there.
Dh: Colin you are going to have to go to the doctor's I cant get it out.
Colin: Nooooo, I hate shots, I don't want to. Just get it out.
At this point Dh asks me to poke in there to get it. I am so squimish that after the tweezers looked like they were in my poor baby's foot , I gagged and dropped them and fled. I am not good in these situations. Dh and the kids laughed at my expense. Ha ha ha.
Dh: We can't get it out. The only thing that will hurt is the shot for just a bit. You will have to go to the Dr's
Colin at this grabs the "dropped tweezers" and digs around for himself. I tried to look I really did but after feeling like I was going to puke I took leave of the room and let the "MEN" handle it. A few minutes later I was summoned and they had got it out. I never heard a peep out of colin the entire time.
Here's what was in my poor baby's foot.
Look at that. Its huge. We saved it to put in his scrapbook, how gross is that?


It's about the size of one of his fingernails. He must have been so uncomfortable walking around on it. Never complained once.


The hole left. I hope it heels up well.
Also would this be considered health class??

No comments: