Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Colin turns 11

We have done the big horah rah with the kid's birthdays and well it's stressful so in more recent yrs and as our kids got older we toned it down a bit. We now let our kids invite a friend or two to spend the night. Our child gets to choose what to have for dinner and breakfast( if they want). Finally we do whatever the child wants, within reason. Since I'm not paying for that huge party I can take that money I would have spent on it and put it towards whatever the child wants to do.


Colin wanted German Brat's for dinner. So we went all the way to the springs to the German Store and bought the brats, the curry ketchup, the spicey mustard and of course some odds and ends. It's his Birthday so of course I got him the Kinder Uberashung- Kinder eggs. My boys looooovve these, I honestly can't emphasize that enough. In case you don't know they are little chocolate egg , I will have to take a picture for you next time, it's hollow with a small container in the inside. There is a prize inside, varies all the time. So you get to eat your chocolate and then put together this tiny toy. We got some other goodies, in my opinion german gummies of any kind put American gummies to shame. Of course I did grow up on them so , sorry.


Colin also got the day off school. He said he didn't mind doing some work, but as it turned out our german store "field trip" (geography???) took most of the day. Well not really but since I was up that way I met a friend to catch up. Colin chose to have his friends spend the following weekend so I am going to try and surprise him with some more brat's. YUmm.


He got to unwrap his presents and was thrilled with it all. It was a fairly quiet birthday. He still hasn't made up his mind on what to do with his buddies when they come to spend the night. We also went fishing , Colin has taken a liking to it. He did pretty well and caught one, his dad caught some too, he looked like a big kid too. Here are the kids with their catch, dirty. Don't you love Colin's hat,cuuute.

Vanessa

2 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Wow good catch! I dont like doing big things for birthdays every year eother. It just gets too much and then the kids start expecting big things.

Mrs. Darling said...

Vanessa are you still interested in giving out the Mays prize for weight loss?