Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Conner's Cake

I meant to post the pictures of Conner's cake and presents and well got busy planning the school yr. But I finally got all the pictures on my computer. We are still going to take him golfing as part of his present so that will be there too

Here is the cake I made. It was a ice cream cake the recipe was Baked Alaska. I didn't know that was an ice cream cake.


I am sort of proud of the way it turned out.



Conner, Derek(Austin's friend) and Austin getting ready for cake.



Conner with his cake before cutting.



Conner gets a slice and so does everyone. Happy Birthday Conner!!!



There is a layer of coffee, vanilla and then coffee again. With a meringue topping and a brownie crust. How yummy is that. No wonder Conner picked it as his birthday cake.


Vanessa


3 comments:

Amazing_Grace said...

YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Darling said...

Well you have every reason to be proud. That is one good lookin' cake!

Anonymous said...

That cake looks amazing. I did one for my daughter's birthday that I was rather proud of. It's proablaby 12/07 or 1/08 archives if you want to look. But I found it amazing the feeling of acomplishing something that turned out great, kind of like my daughter and her quilt you commented on. Thanks for visiting my site.
Gina
http://homeschoolblogger.com/tlpgina