Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Igniting a passion for learning

In our journey of hs I have come upon a wonderful concept. Igniting within our children a love of learning. I have read cute sayings about teaching a child to fish and it related back to learning, I thought it was so cute. Now the question is how does one do this with their child? Is there some sort of secret to it.
It has come to my attention that my eldest son lost alot of his love of learning in the past school yr and if I want him to continue on this course then I should let him have his way and send him back to ps. I want what every parent wants the best for my child and if that is not being hs'ed then so be it. But the opportunity to re-ignite that little fire to search out the answers to the ever demanding questions is what I hope to capture in not just Austin but my other children as well.
What are your ideas or experiences for giving your child that love of learning? Please share at will. I will try to share some of your answers.

Here is a little something I found on the subject.
http://www.wikihow.com/Encourage-Your-Child-to-Love-Learning

Vanessa

1 comment:

Alexisnexus said...

Here is another way to ignite a childs passion:

Growing the amazingly networked system of links that is the Family Forest® has convinced me that there is a much better approach than a direct frontal assault to their worthwhile objective.

http://familyforest.wordpress.com/2008/08/27/igniting-a-passion-going-for-the-gold/

Personally connecting schoolchildren to greatness through actual family ties, as the Family Forest® can do, is a much more powerful beginning step to lead kids toward excellence in many fields, including math and science, and the pursuit of Olympic Gold.

http://www.familyforest.com