Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Story Maker's Contest

I just read about this from a local group but perhaps your local PBS is having the same contest too.
PBS is sponsoring a writting contest. This is for middle level grades -6,7 and 8th. It is a short story contest for young authors. Stories must be submitted by Oct. 10th 2008. Stories will be judged on creativity, originality and storytelling. The story must be a minimun of 700 words with a max being 1,000. Test must be Times New Roman 12 pt, double spaced. You can count words like a, an and the in the count.There will be prizes to the top three winners in each grade level.
I love this idea. It's a neat way to get kids to write and have new experiences with their stories instead of the same stuff like showing mom and dad and perhaps grandma and grandpa. It makes the story bigger. I have at least one story teller in my house that I know can write a good story.
You can check out the contest and rules and stuff here

Story Maker's Contest

Vanessa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Vanessa,
Just and FYI in case you didn't know....don't bother with the library writing contests. They RARELY choose homeschool children. Some contests don't even allow hsers to participate. I complained to the sponsor once....she hasn't sponsored since. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

Hi Vanessa, Thanks for sharing this neat project. When I click on it - it is not opening - I found it on google at this site: http://www.rmpbs.org/storymakers

oh, I see: I think you have an extra http:// in there

You can edit this out of my post while you edit yours. :)

Vanessa said...

Kathy I fixed it. Thanks for letting me know.
Vanessa

Mrs. Darling said...

Just dropping by to say hi and drop a few hugs your way!

Brandi said...

I'll have to see if our local PBS is having a contest as well.