Monday, May 5, 2008

Extended Field Trips

Uhm Anyone ever take one of these? Bet you have.

Well we are ....planning a vacation that is.

Date -June 11-24
Destination- South Carolina
Purpose- Visit Chris's side of family

At first I wasn't too sure about this. The last time I was there Chris and I were still dating and well it was the definition of "hickville" . Of course I was only 17 so Im sure that had something to do with it. So with this in mind I started to venture online to see what I could find in the way of fun fun fun with my boys.
I was truly amazed at what was within a couple of hrs of driving . Some of the things we have planned so far include but are not limited to-

Dolphin boat tour
Ft. Sumnter
Tybee Island
Charlston
Charles towne landing
Charlston Ghost tour
Tybee beach
Turtle hatching
Aqarium
2-3 Lighthouses
Seeing how the south moves/lives (yes they do things much slower there)


So with this in mind I thought ok we have 14 days of School left and 14 days of vacation time. We are doing some pretty educational stuff. So what if I take off school just do some lapbooking/notebooking of our vacation so when we get there the kids can know alot of stuff about the area and life there. Of course I would still keep up math, reading, penmanship. Boy I really don't sound like I am taking off of school. I could do this right? and not feel guily? hmmm
I am considering this we are pretty schooled out at the moment. Plus vacation is only a month and a half away.
What do you guys think?
Vanessa

1 comment:

Gina said...

Living life is the best schooling your children can get!
Thank you for stopping by my blog and entering my contest!
Be Blessed and have a safe vacation!