Sunday, March 30, 2008

Gourmet Chef

Colin really likes cooking. He loves to experiment with new recipe's. So he will show me a new recipe and say he wants to make it. I look at the list of ingredients and see a slew of stuff I have to purchase that I won't ever use again unless we like said recipe and make it part of our "menu". This is where hs is great though because I can make it part of our day and it counts for so many things.


Recently we began making pizza at home and well it hasnt always turned out pretty although we did find a crust recipe we loved and have since stuck with. Now if I can only figure out how to make pizza sauce I'll be all set. We made this pizza a while back but it was so pretty I couldn't believe we had made it. I guess it is all about practice. We made a pepperoni and a canadian bacon pizza. Colin helped with the crust and pretty much made the Canadian pizza on his own. I did help a bit on getting the crust to look nice( nicer anyway).

Pepperoni Pizza, ok I love the way it looks it's like out of a resteraunt. One half the pizza was double pepperoni. Guess which side.



Mmmmm, I'm getting hungry.



Colin, my live in chef.



Putting on the sauce



Spreading the cheese, we one tried double cheese and well we found out that there is a limit to how much cheese you should put. It was a bit much even for us cheese lovers.

Evenly putting the canadian bacon.

Checking to make sure there are spaced right and enough on the pizza.

Work in progress.

Look at this beauty! He did a great job!

Ready to eat.

5 comments:

Damama T said...

I'm so glad I've just finished eating or I'd be on the phone ordering one right no! What's your phone number so the next time I get a craving I can get a hold of Colin's Pizzaria?? LOL!

Hey Colin - next time surprise your mom and make a breakfast bacon and pineapple one. MMM MM MMMMM! Make sure the bacon's really crispy before you sprinkle it on the pizza, though. And I like it best with a thin crust so it's got a little crunch all the way through. You'll LOVE it (if you like those two things, of course!)

ttfn

Mrs. Darling said...

I make my own pizza all the time and that one looks as good as any Id say! Good job!

Vanessa said...

Damama,
I was very proud of him. I'll be sure to let him know to get his buisness cards ready, lol. He says he wants to be a chef when he grows up and have a national chain, as he puts it one in every state. Hmmmm we will see. I cheer him on and as you can see have put him in charge of dinner with well spactacular results.
Thanks for the tip on the bacon/ham pizza. We like canadian bacon and pineapple it's yummy. On our next batch we will experiment more with crust types.

Mrs. Darling,
So wonderful to see you stop by. I just adore your blog and spend way too much time there. Now that we are getting better at making them homemade I can't bring myself to order them. They go really fast with my three boys.

Damama T said...

He'd darn well better put one in Houston!! And I want VIP seating. LOL!

Canadian bacon is good. Breakfast bacon, nice and crispy and cruncy is gooder-er. ;o) Hope you don't hate me after you try it! LOL!

Kathy_in_Colorado said...

Yummy! You should keep a few items ready to make last minute "easy" pizzas. Also, let him try a variety of ideas like spread ranch dressing on the crust, top with shredded chicken, spinach and parmesan cheese; oh and bacon is yummy with this. I bought one like this as Papa Murphys and they told me it was ranch dressing on the crust. :)
Oh and while you have the chicken - do a barbecue chicken pizza with white cheese - if this is an interest - I'll look up our recipe to see what types of cheese I use on it.