Friday, March 14, 2008

Socializtion...the right way??

I saw this and it was too cute and thought I'd share.

When my wife and I mention we are strongly considering home schooling our children, we are without fail asked, "But what about socialization?" Fortunately, we found a way our kids can receive the same socialization that government schools provide.

On Mondays and Wednesdays, I will personally corner my son in the bathroom, give him a wedgie and take his lunch money.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays, my wife will make sure to tease our children for not being in the "in" crowd, taking special care to poke fun of any physical abnormalities.
Fridays will be "Fad and Peer Pressure Day." We will all compete to see who has the coolest toys, most expensive clothes and the loudest, fastest and most dangerous car.
Every day, my wife and I will adhere to a routine of cursing and swearing in the hall and mentioning our weekend exploits with alcohol and immorality.
If our kids attempt to use the bathroom without permission, we will punish them immediately.
And we have asked them to report us to the authorities in the event we mention faith, religion or try to bring up morals and values."

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog!

Oh, and don't forget. The lunchroom is not a place to socialize. In one school I was in, we were not allowed to talk during our lunch. We had to wait until we were outside for recess. If we didn't get to go outside for recess, we had to sit on the bleachers in the gym/lunchroom and only whisper.

And also, we were at school to learn not to socialize. Isn't that what we were always told?

Vanessa said...

Crazy stuff right. School's are really helping my decision to hs these days with all the new rules.

Damama T said...

I admire you homeschooling moms so much! It's come a long way since my boys were little - but even now I'm not sure I'd have what it takes to pull it off.

I love this response to the nay-sayers. Where did you find it? I'd love to point it out, but would prefer to give credit to the author if you can remember who that is.

Vanessa said...

damama t,
I got this from another friend, who in turn saw it on another post. I will ask her but I think at this point it has been around for a bit and the Author is ....I don't know but I would love to know too so I can see what else they have. I'm always up for a good laugh, generally at my expense(good thing I have a sense of humor)
BTW I wasnt able to get to your blog, could you post it.

Damama T said...

Here's the link to my insanity ;o) -
http://damama2all.blogspot.com/

EMAIL LINK: damama002@yahoo.com