Sunday, March 23, 2008

St. Patty's day

Our week has been fantastic. I am currently trying to loose some weight and a friend told me about Spark people, thanks Mrs Darling. Anyway I have been a bit preoccupied with this so I havent gotten a chance to blog . But on the plus side I have lost 3 plds.

We did a small intense unit on St. Patricks day. The boys really seemed to enjoy having to do just that but it was alot of work to cover in a short time. We went over time a bit, but since I am not so strict on that it didn't matter except we got started late on our Easter Unit.

For St. Patricks day we wrote stories about what we would do with a pot of gold or if we caught a leprachan. We found Irish recipe's and want to give them a shot, when we do I will be sure to post some pictures. We came up with Irish soda bread and Irish stew. Mabey we will have an Irish night. It's a bit funny since dh has Scottish ancestors.

The boys worked much better and at a friends suggestion I gave conner earplugs to see if this would aleviate some of the drama that has been happening. It works sometimes, I will continue to work on it. We borrowed what I felt the entire St. patty's day collection from the library and most were just fun stories. The kids really liked them.



We just started the Easter Unit and I hope to get it done in a week with intense work on both boys parts.

No comments: