Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

What a fun day today was.
We got up and boiled and dyed our eggs, yes I am aware we did this a bit late I am a procrastonator(someone needs to wack me on the head and then it will get done, snicker). I made a lovely Summer Spaghetti Salad, its all vege I might even post the recipe. It turned out great and I made it keeping my mom in mind, she recently became a vegetarian.


We had a few, yes few, egg hunts. Daddy hid the eggs, then Daddy and I hid them then the boys hid them and we had to find them. It was alot of fun and silly.



Conner named his "Brownie"


Colin's is called "Sparrow"
Austin has yet to name his


Dh bought chicks yesterday so I have to join 4-H but they have been all the rage here. If you can't find a kid look for him with the chickens. I take all bets on if I will actually find said child there or not and accept paypal(kidding, my horrible humor again).They are adorable but what baby animal isn't. There are 5 of them, 2 yellow, 2 black and 1 brown. We expect this to be quite a learning lesson for the kids.

Our family at Grammy's house. Back row Grammy(can't see her, just the top of her head), Grampy, Renea(niece), Chris (dh), Me (leaning over laughing), Dominique(my brother), tina (his girlfriend).

Second row: Dakota(Cousin, visiting grandparents), Austin, Judy (mil)Colin, My mom(helene).

On the couch: Davie(nephew), brittany(niece) Conner(not behaving or co-operating, my mom trying to make him)

Only one missing is my sister (who is taking the picture) and my dad( on the road).

4 comments:

Kristenph said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love your photos. It looks like you had a great Easter.

I was looking at your list of blogs that you visit, and I visit most of them as well. It's funny how small the world can be.

www.homeschoolblogger.com/kristenph

Lisa said...

Your chicks are cute!
Brandon ordered ours online. We got a homesteaders package. In about another week we are going to get 25 more that we are going to butcher. LOL

Damama T said...

Cute chickies! And the little chickens are't too shabby either. ;o)

Where you gonna keep 'em? Are the boys and girls? ARe you going to have more eggs for next Easter? (whispering now) are you going to eventually eat them?? (the chickens, not the eggs)

Anyway - it sounds like it's going to be lots of fun there for the next few months.

Vanessa said...

We have set up "our babies" in 50 gl totes with heat lamp and such. Temperature is critical at the moment (lots of reading about chicks right now). After this dh is building a hen house where they will be housed. The boys can't wait for the first egg.